View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noelina
Elder

re: [SPOILERS] Warcraft movie discussion

Discuss all of the Warcraft movie things here!

The Warcraft Cinematic Universe is clearly different from the existing game and expanded universe canon. Significant events are sometimes missing or happen in different places. That means we can't really use the movie as a historical reference. On the other hand it also means the films have room to become their own self-contained story with a clear beginning, middle, and end.

There was room for a lot more exposition than anything got, but I think the opening scene made it pretty clear that Gul'dan's methods are unquestionably evil.
The film goes out of its way to illustrate the cost of fel magic and its effect on the environment. What they don't explain very well is the effect it has on the Horde soldiers. It's not made clear that the orcs who partook of the fel ( it's never indicated that they drank demon blood, but it's not put out of the question either ) are subject to a raging demonic bloodlust. They do show violence as the heart of Orcish culture in general, and how brutal they are in combat, but beyond that there's no real distinction between the Fel Horde and the "pure" orcs aside from skin color.

Draenei do appear very briefly at the beginning, locked in cages to be used as fuel for Gul'dan's portal, but they're not given nearly enough screen time to explain who they are. They're not even mentioned directly by any of the orcs present. I hope the extended edition takes a few minutes to give audiences a general idea of who the blue alien people are.
Ogumel/Sidda

re: [SPOILERS] Warcraft movie discussion

I need to go see it again.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dragonsworn Council Forum Index -> Wyrmlore All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: